Thursday, December 28, 2006

BARKING UP THE WRONG TREE!


Oh Dear! It seems that I've been on the wrong track with my blog.

Here I've been wasting my time posting like crazy about issues like Iraq, George Bush, John and Tony Howard, global warming, the evils of capitalism and religion, the failures of democracy, the terrible nature of war, the travails of the Palestinians, the impoverished people of the world, innocent aids victims, etc, all things I thought were worthy of highlighting. Silly me.

What I should have been doing was posting about important topics like:
1. Congratulations to My Aunty Mavis: she and terrible Uncle Cedric have been married for thirty three and a half years (though he left her for two years for a barmaid) and I was at their wedding wearing a smart pair of shorts with black braces and a blue Pelaco shirt...

2. Meet Father Pocklington: at my local Church a new priest has been appointed. He is 1.750 metres tall and has a stocky build, slightly receding brown hair and wears brown glasses. He has a limp and is carrying a little weight and his voice is a bit reedy but I love his cassock...

3. Friend Makes it to Xmas Dinner: my friend Algy, who has advanced gonorrhea, was not expected to make it to dinner at my place where I was having prawns from the fish market ($26 a kilo) plus Balmain Bugs and chocolate tart. He surprised us all by not only turning up but bringing Cecil who was not expected to make it to Easter because of his triple bypass and knee replacements and...

4. Video from Video Ezy: over the Xmas period I borrowed a video called 'Naked as the Day I was Born'. It was interesting, even surreal in the first half but drifted off towards the end but that may have been the result of seeing too many tits and beautiful buttocks or it might have been the port I got on special from....

5. Warm Praise For Me: one of my commenters recently said that one of my posts, "Was Beautiful!" Modestly, I have to admit it was. Just in case you missed it, it was the forth comment on my post called Brilliant Reflections in my Shaving Mirror, the one that got thirty one hits and topped my own awards for my blog during the first week of December....

6. Gay Rastlus Wins Award: my most favourite blog (next to mine) received an award from the Gay Weekly for the best Gay blogger in the whole of San Francisco including the outer suburbs as far as Mitchumecoola! Can you believe it? Go Gays Go! Click on his link and prepare to be blown...

I'll try hard to improve, I promise, try to re-evaluate my blogging priorities!

P.S. Do you think a post called...er: How My Father Lost His Schoolcase would help to elevate my blog?

ShareThis