Friday, April 13, 2007

WHAT NUCLEAR MISSILES?


While away, I tried to explain to this pelican using what literary skills I have that there is a real chance of nuclear war soon but the bird didn't appear interested. Politely it listened while it enjoyed the perfection of the day. I suspect that it was more interested in looking out for fishermen who might clean some of their catch nearby than anything I might say.

After a while I gave up trying to educate the bird and, realising that it was a lot smarter than I was because it lived in the present and was untroubled by the future, I let it educate me.

For a time, I felt at one with it.

2 comments:

Falling on a bruise said...

That rock it is standing on is smarter than most of the World leaders.

Daniel said...

Compared to Bush, the bird is brighter than the sun, Lucy!

ShareThis